Shah Rukh Khan ‘not’ injured on set, routine check-up to US confirmed


Dispelling swirling rumours of injury on set, actor Shah Rukh Khan’s team has clarified that his recent visit to the United States is part of a routine medical schedule and not due to any ‘fresh accident’ during the filming of his upcoming action drama King.

 

Speculation had surged earlier this week claiming Khan had hurt his back while shooting an intense action sequence in Mumbai, forcing production to pause and prompting urgent medical attention abroad. However, sources close to the production have refuted these claims, confirming that filming remains on track and will resume after a scheduled break.

 

“The rumours of Shah Rukh suffering a back injury on the sets of King are completely untrue,” a source informed NAI. “He deals with old injuries flaring up now and then, and he travels to the US for regular check-ups and treatment when needed.”

 

According to reports, the shoot was under way at the Golden Tobacco Studio in Vile Parle when the rumours began circulating. While some insider chatter hinted at a muscular strain, sources say the trip was a precautionary measure rather than a medical emergency.

Also read: SRK rushed to US post injury on film set

 

“It’s not a serious injury, but more of a muscular strain,” a source close to the production shared. “Over the years, Shah Rukh has picked up multiple injuries from stunt work, and this seems to be a result of accumulated stress.”

 

The superstar has undergone physiotherapy and rehabilitation in the US for years, following a string of previous injuries sustained during film shoots. Those familiar with his routine said this visit was consistent with past treatment cycles.

 

The actor’s daughter, Suhana Khan, is set to star alongside him in King, their first on-screen collaboration. Industry buzz indicates the film also features an ensemble cast including Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor, Arshad Warsi, Raghav Juyal, and Abhay Verma. An official announcement remains awaited.

 

Before King, Shah Rukh was last seen in Dunki (2023), a migration-themed drama directed by Rajkumar Hirani. The film featured Taapsee Pannu, Boman Irani, and Vicky Kaushal. It followed the blockbuster success of Jawan (2023), in which Khan played a vigilante fighting systemic corruption.

 

Khan’s team has confirmed that filming will resume in September as scheduled, following the star’s return from the United States.



  • Related Posts

    Actor Jayaram appears before ED in Sabarimala gold smuggling case, says ‘Lord Ayyappa will not spare…’ | People News

    Kochi: Actor Jayaram on Tuesday appeared before the Enforcement Directorate for questioning in connection with the alleged gold smuggling case in Sabarimala Ayyappa Temple in Kerala. Before entering the office,…

    Continue reading
    French President Emmanuel Macron meets Anil Kapoor, Manoj Bajpayee, Ricky Kej and other Bollywood celebs during Mumbai visit | People News

    New Delhi: French President Emmanuel Macron added a touch of cinematic glamour to his diplomatic visit to Mumbai, holding a special interaction with Bollywood celebrities on Tuesday. The French leader…

    Continue reading

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *