Chicago: One killed, several injured in two separate shootings; Trump slams ‘low IQ Mayor’


Chicago: One killed, several injured in two separate shootings; Trump slams 'low IQ Mayor'

(Image source: X/@CCC_CrimeChaser)

One person was killed and at least eight teenagers were wounded in two separate shootings late Friday in Chicago’s Loop, only hours after the city lit its official Christmas tree in Millennium Park.The first incident took place around 9.50 pm (US local time) near State and Randolph streets, close to the Chicago Theatre. Police on patrol heard shots fired into a large crowd in the 100 block of North State Street. Seven teenagers, aged 13 to 17, were taken to Stroger Hospital and Lurie Children’s Hospital. Six were listed in good condition and one in fair condition, according to The New York Times.Shortly afterward, a second shooting occurred on the 100 block of South Dearborn Street. One man later died at Northwestern Hospital, while an 18-year-old was treated for a serious leg wound.

‘All Americans At Risk’: Chicago Frees 600+ Jailed ‘ILLEGAL ALIENS’ | Trump Explodes At ‘WOKE’ Judge

Witnesses described chaos as people ran for safety. Linda Dixon, leaving the Chicago Theatre at the time, said, “We almost got knocked in the street, because everyone was running that way. It is very disheartening… Holiday time, everybody wants to celebrate and enjoy the evening, and something like this happens.”Police said no suspects were in custody. Investigations into both shootings are ongoing.

Trump weighs in with claims

US President Donald Trump reacted to the shootings in a post on Truth Social, alleging “massive crime and rioting in the Chicago Loop area” and claiming “multiple police officers” were “attacked and badly injured,” though police have not reported any officer injuries. He criticised Illinois Governor JB Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson for resisting National Guard deployment during unrest linked to the administration’s immigration crackdown.Mayor Johnson condemned the violence, saying such incidents “cannot continue” despite increased police presence. “We have too many guns and too many young people who do not value their lives or the lives of others,” he told CBS News, adding that 300 additional officers would be assigned for Saturday night’s holiday parade.Earlier last month, US President Donald Trump ordered the deployment of around 500 National Guard troops near Chicago, despite objections from Mayor Brandon Johnson and Illinois Governor JB Pritzker, who criticised the move as an unnecessary militarisation of the cityRich Guidice, former head of the Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications and ex–chief of staff to Johnson, argued the city was addressing symptoms rather than root causes. “The parents of these teens must take responsibility. These are young children, under 17 years old,” he said.



  • Related Posts

    Vic Mensa: “It sparked up something deep”: Vic Mensa credits IShowSpeed’s Africa tour with reshaping how millions view the continent | World News

    Vic Mensa praised IShowSpeed’s 28-day Africa livestream tour, saying it helped challenge long-held stereotypes and reshape global perceptions of the continent. Speaking on a podcast, Mensa noted that millions experienced…

    Continue reading
    Saudi Arabia: King Salman orders disbursement of SAR3 billion in Ramadan aid for households | World News

    King Salman ordered over SAR3 billion in Ramadan aid for social security households/Image: SPA As Ramadan gathers pace, Saudi Arabia has announced the disbursement of more than SAR3 billion to…

    Continue reading

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *