‘Never’: Indian-origin doctor denies assault allegations from students after arrest at Miami International Airport, released on bond


Dr Ranjith Ramasamy, a former Miami doctor, denied sexual assualt allegations and said he voluntarily returned from Dubai to clear his name.

Dr Ranjith Ramasamy, an award-winning urologist who was arrested last week at Miami International Airport on charges of sexually assaulting his students, said he never sexually assaulted anyone. Ramasamy also said that he voluntarily came back to the US from Dubai, where he had been working lately, after the false accusations came as he wanted to clear his name.The 45-year-old urologist was handcuffed at the airport on his arrival at 10.45 pm on August 20. He appeared in court that afternoon and walked out on a $120,000 bond. Dr Ramasamy has been placed on house arrest. According to a Miami Herald report, Dr Ramasamy will be staying with his wife and children at a home in Sarasota. Court records mentioned that he surrendered after returning from Dubai.

Arrest warrant was issued against him in 2025

Dr Ramasamy was employed at the University of Miami as a professor of urology and director of male reproductive medicine and surgery. An arrest warrant was issued against him in October 2025 after he was charged with three counts of sexual battery,Three of Ramasamy’s students, whom the doctor allegedly diagnosed with different conditions, told detectives that Ramasamy performed prostate exams that were “much longer and aggressive” than regular prostate exams.“None of these procedures were medically indicated, they were performed in a manner inconsistent with the standard of care, alone and after normal business hours, and fall far outside the acceptable bounds of any medical practice,” detectives said in the warrant after speaking to another three victims.

Ramasamy says disgruntled members are behind allegations

Dr Ramasamy said the slanderous allegations against him came from “disgruntled members of the university community”. He said he wanted to address the accusations, but the university did not provide him with records. He said he moved to Dubai in 2024 before the criminal charges were brought and he left his university in good standing and his license to practice in Florida remained active.“I never performed any unnecessary medical procedure. I never assaulted anyone. I never sexually assaulted anyone, never,” Ramasamy said.

  • Related Posts

    Sweden probes cyber networks after girl dies in school sword attack

    Swedish police probe whether sword attack suspect was linked to online communities promoting school violence; one student killed STOCKHOLM: Swedish police are investigating whether an 18-year-old man who attacked students…

    Continue reading
    Flock CEO says privacy can’t be the only priority; it is about safety, as Americans vandalize AI surveillance traffic cameras across US

    Flock CEO defends his AI surveillance tool and says privacy can’t be the only priority; it’s about safety also. Amid intense backlash over Flock surveillance cameras across America, Flock CEO…

    Continue reading